Travel teams are an opportunity for players in our association (MBA) to participate in tournaments and competitive league play. Mars Travel Baseball is built with the understanding that each team is striving for success on the field, while developing the skills of each player through hard work and dedication. Travel Teams players are REQUIRED to go through a selective evaluation process. To help answer questions, please read through the FAQ’s below.
Travel Baseball FAQ’s:
When is the Travel Baseball season?
- 9U-12U: There will be winter and spring training followed by on-the-field practices beginning in late April (weather permitting). Tournament and Game schedules are determined by each individual team; however, most games and tournaments will begin in late May, and run through the end of July.
- 7U-8U: Practices will begin late April/ early May (weather permitting). Tournament and Game schedules are determined by each individual team; however, most games and tournaments will begin early-June, and run through the end of July.
What is the difference between In-House and Travel Baseball?
- The 9U-12U tournament season is unlike the In-House season because, in the tournament season, there is not guaranteed playing time and players may play a limited number of positions. It is the manager’s duty to provide the team with its best opportunity to win. This will include making discretionary player selections, development of players through practice and instruction, strategy and game decisions and determining lineups. Managers have a duty to assign defensive positions and batting order based on what is best for the TEAM.
- The 7U and 8U tournament season is unlike In-House season, because the goal is not only player development, but winning and success is also a big part of Travel ball. We strive to do this while supporting the players’ love for the game of baseball while teaching the basics of fundamental game play, playing multiple positions in the field and increasing their number of repetitions.
How much are travel evaluations?
- The fee for evaluation is $40.00
How are players evaluated?
- Each player will be evaluated on Infield, Outfield, Pitching (9U and above) and Hitting.
What the age groups for Travel teams?
- Travel teams start at 7U and go up to 12U
When are evaluations?
- Evaluation dates vary each year
- 9U-12U usually take place in the later part of August
- 7U-8U usually take place towards the end of February and/or beginning of March
Do we have to attend evaluations?
- YES, everyone is expected to attend evaluations
How much does Travel Baseball usually cost?
- 9U-12U usually runs ~$450-600 per player, amounts may vary depending on the teams choices of number of tournaments they attend and uniform selection(s)
- The cost of 9U-12U Travel Team will be broken up into either 8 or 4 monthly payments to make it budget friendly to families, with billing beginning in September
- This cost covers tournament entry fees, uniforms (jersey(s), hats), winter trainings and other organizational dues
- 7u-8u usually runs between $200-$350
- This cost covers tournament entry fees, uniforms (jersey(s), hats), and other organizational dues
If my child plays on a Travel Team, do they have to play on Mars In-House?
- Yes, we do require that all Travel players register and play In-House
- This helps build the Mars Baseball community
- All In-House fees are waived for Travel players